After creating a file in ms-word, I saved the document in flash disk using the methed 'save as' file option. And when I tried to oped this file in another computer the file changes into scrap and i can not read it. What is the reason for this problem and tell me the solution.Why did my ms-word file changed into scrap when i open in another computer?
1) The second computer that you opened it on does not have MS Word. However, there are a fair number of programs that can open MS Word documents (sometimes with formatting loss), so it is unlikely that this is the case.
2) It is possible that your MS Word document was saved in MS Word 2007 and then opened on a computer that has an older version that has not been updated for compatibility.
3) Phlebob has a good point -- you may have originally saved the document in a font document that is not installed on the second computer. It might work to select all, and change to a font that is on the second computer, but I have not really had good luck with this.
4) In the future - if you are working on documents that you will be transferring between multiple computers -- save a couple of different copies in different formats to facilitate use -- e.g., save your original Word Document, and then save a copy in .rtf (can be opened and read by WordPad, etc.) or .txt (can be opened by noteapad - or another text editor that is available on viritually every comptuer) -- although these two formats lose all or significant amounts of formatting -- if you need the information -- at least you can access it. Additionally, when sharing files between computers (and with others, e.g., newsletters, etc.) stick with basic fonts such as Times New Roman or Arial.
If you have a newer version of Office as your friend it wont open...you need to go onto your PC and choose save as and then save it as an older version on Office i.e. the version that your friend hasWhy did my ms-word file changed into scrap when i open in another computer?
Here's a wild shot: On the machine that can't read the file, try changing the font:
1. Press CTRL/A to select all the text.
2. Right-click in the text and select Font.
3. Pick a font that's almost guaranteed to be on all machines, say, Arial, and click OK.
Hope that works.
Instead of 'save as', copy/paste the file to the flash disk.
If the second computer doesn't have MS Office, you need to install equivalent program like Open Office.
If your MS office is an older version on the second computer, you need to save as a compatible file in the source computer.
Otherwise, open wordpad and open this file.Why did my ms-word file changed into scrap when i open in another computer?
Its probably because the second computer doesn't have Office, or and equivalent that can read .doc files.
save the file for older versions in the save as option. it will open fine.