Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What transportation options exist between Starkville and the MS Gulf Coast?

I have a freshman son at Mississippi State who would like to come home to Long Beach, MS some weekends but does not own a car. There is no bus service near the college that I've found to bring him. Delta in Columbus wants $400+ and we would still need to pay cab fare to and from the campus.



Is there any ride share program and where can he find out about it?



We're willing to pay to help with gas and other costs.What transportation options exist between Starkville and the MS Gulf Coast?
Well....you are in the "backwoods" (no offense there)...my best bet is to find the nearest city. I'm not sure how far off from other places you are. I'm from Long Beach, MS, myself. The commute to Southern in Hattiesburg, MS, is a little closer for me. Other than that...if you could fly out of Memphis...it's not too expensive in that respect...maybe taking a bus to the city and flying? Try airtran.com...they have GREAT GREAT roundtrip rates! Other than that...I'm not sure any other way...good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment