Saturday, March 10, 2012

Do documents stored in Microsoft Office Starter easily convert to MS Word?

My computer crashed and all I could afford was a mini-computer that has Microsoft Office Starter instead of Microsoft Word. I wrote a book in MS word and am correcting it on the Starter on this computer, but am

worried that if I send it to my editor it will look odd. Is that the case ? If so, what should I do to remedy it?Do documents stored in Microsoft Office Starter easily convert to MS Word?
They're identical. As long as the editor can read Word .docx format, you're OK. And if they can't, you should be able to save the file in the older .doc format (check that, though -- that might be something Starter doesn't provide).



Hope that helps.Do documents stored in Microsoft Office Starter easily convert to MS Word?
According to what Microsoft says, it *IS* Word, just with advertising. The file it creates should be the same as the file any version of Word 2010 creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment