Saturday, March 10, 2012

What is the best way to get doctor's to test you for MS?

I have all the warning signs for Multiple Sclerosis,and a half sister who has MS. I have asked my doctor's to test me and what my symptoms were, only to be told i didnt need the test. I'm in North Carolina and would love to find a doctor that would work with me to find if I do indeed have MS or what else is wrong with me.What is the best way to get doctor's to test you for MS?
There is no one test for MS. An MRI can give results that can suggest MS, but it is necessary to get a competent doctor who can interpret your symptoms and examine you throroughly. Perhaps you already have one. Neurologists are best at this. There are some very good neurologists in North Carolina. If you are near the Raleigh/Durham area, you could try Duke University or University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Other regions have very good neurologists also.
Have an MRI doneWhat is the best way to get doctor's to test you for MS?
ask for it
they did a spinal tap to find my moms! ms is not hereditary either, just to let ya know! it's one of the first things my mom asked!!!! an mri would show the lesions from ms also!What is the best way to get doctor's to test you for MS?
If you are limited due to insurance, call your insurance company and ask them about changing.



Given the family history, you have a right to the test. While many might argue the ethics of this, consider researching the symptoms, and exaggerating your description to the doctor. You have to do what you need to do to put your mind at ease--if a doctor won't respond, get another doctor!
Your doctor is supposed to give you the best medical care. If you're not happy with your doctor, just seek another one. If that doctor gives you the same information, I'd say you're OK not to have the test.



Few of the symptoms of MS are unique to the disease and, even if you have one or more of them, it doesn't necessarily mean that you have multiple sclerosis.



Below is a link to a list of MS symptoms; however, most people with MS won't get most of these symptoms and the ones that seem the most terrifying usually only manifest themselves in the later stages of the disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment