Sunday, March 4, 2012

Why when I open a Ms Word file in another computer, that document still showed there are spelling errors?

I have checked my grammatical and spelling errors in my own personal computer. I saved the Ms Word file into a pendrive and open it up in another computer. However, when I open it up in another computer, it showed that there are still spelling errors.



What are the causes?



Is it because the other computer is using American spelling while my Ms Word file in my own PC uses British spelling?Why when I open a Ms Word file in another computer, that document still showed there are spelling errors?
You've got it! US vs UK English. You could try this to not flag the spellings, although the recipient is likely to notice them also:

In Word versions prior to Word 2007:

1. Click the Tools-%26gt;Options menu item.
2. Click the Spelling and Grammar tab.
3. Check the Hide spelling errors in this document checkbox.
4. Check the Hide grammatical errors in this document checkbox.
5. Click OK.

In Word 2007 and 2010:

1. In Word 2007, click the round Office button in the upper-left corner. In Word 2010, click the Files tab on the Ribbon.
2. In Word 2007, click the Word Options button. In Word 2010, click Options.
3. Click Proofing.
4. Check Check Spelling As You Type.
5. Check the Hide Spelling Errors In This Document checkbox.
6. Check the Hide Grammar Errors In This Document checkbox.
7. Click OK.

Hope that helps.Why when I open a Ms Word file in another computer, that document still showed there are spelling errors?
Could very well be. There are subtle spelling differences between British and American spellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment