Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is the point of charitable events like the MS bike ride?

My boyfriend is doing the MS Bike Ride this weekend, its 150 miles over 2 days. Everyone had to raise a minimum of $250 to participate. I know that it has to take a lot of money to even have this event. So why do they have the event and not just give ALL the money to MS research? I just don't understand. I mean, they had to raise all the money before the actual bike ride. So why not just donate it ALL? Wouldn't that be better for MS?What is the point of charitable events like the MS bike ride?
I think you totally miss the point!

Events like this raise awareness %26amp; challenge people to give.

The money raised is never used to run the event, that's illegal.

Organizers give of their own time %26amp; resources.
I asked some one this question before and they said it was so people can feel more apart of the cause instead of just being asked for money. For me I would more likely give family or a friend money to support them in the race then just some random person asking for donations. What is the point of charitable events like the MS bike ride?
I'm guessing they want to make a lot of money for the diesease, but they need to raise enough also to keep the events going for the years, or months, to come.
people pledge money on their riders mileage, farther they ride more money raised.What is the point of charitable events like the MS bike ride?
for people to support, and to be aware of MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment