Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is the difference beteween an MS degree in Biology and an MA degree in Biology?

I am looking to go to Grad school to get my master's in Biology. However, I have been looking at different schools and notice that some schools offer an MS in Biology, while others offer an MA in Biology. I am confused... Is there any difference between the 2, or are they basically the same degree with different names?What is the difference beteween an MS degree in Biology and an MA degree in Biology?
As biology is science, MS seems more appropriate but they should be equivalent. Better ask the schools.

Good luck!What is the difference beteween an MS degree in Biology and an MA degree in Biology?
Basically they're the same; they will only differ in the number and type of units you will earn. An M.S. stands for Master of Science will M.A. stands for Master of Arts.What is the difference beteween an MS degree in Biology and an MA degree in Biology?
I don't know about masters...but my college gave out a BA and a BS in biology. The BA was less credits than the BS. There was nothing wrong with choosing one of the other but depending on what field you wanted to pursue you were prompted to choose one or the other. I don't really know how having one or the other would affect you in your career choices since as a teacher the state just wants me certified. Maybe the two degrees are different credit amounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment