Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can anyone with MS recommend a course of treatment?

I was just diagnosed with MS. I've done a ton of research, but I was wondering if anyone with MS can give me some insight as to what type of medication they are taking ... pros %26amp; cons. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!Can anyone with MS recommend a course of treatment?
I am a 50 yr old f with MS.I have been on Betaseron for more than 8 years ..8 years with no progression and no relapses.I did lots of homework before deciding which of the disease modifying drugs was best for me.I picked Betaseron because it was injected sub Q,very tiny needle every other day with very few flu-like symptoms.

All of the drugs have advantages and disadvantages and you have to research which one is best for you .

I also take cymbalta for Neuropathy..both drugs work very well for me.Can anyone with MS recommend a course of treatment?
My aunt has Multiple Sclerosis, i just called her up and she said she uses something called Avonex .



Avonex Indications -



Avonex is primarily used in the treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis. It slows down the development of physical disability and decreases the frequency of exacerbation. It may also be used for purposes other than those mentioned here.

No comments:

Post a Comment